Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Female Humans Rock


Color me slow to catch on, but I didn't comprehend that women could play the guitar until I saw Joan Baez on TV. I was only about seven at the time, and my family wasn't especially musical -tuning so that concert  made a huge impact on me. By the time my fifth grade teacher Ms Wenger came along sporting long hippie hair, mini dresses, and her own guitar, I was sold. (I may have flunked the geography test, but I was gung- ho for my happening classmate, Georgie Mechlin to teach me the chords to "House of the Rising Sun.")

Times have changed. And changed again.

This Thursday it's nothing but female fronted bands including Gina Harlow and the Cutthroats rocking the night at the Tree House Lounge on Florida Avenue.








No comments:

Post a Comment