Friday, February 6, 2009

Sunday Night Therapy With Ken Moss and More by Lyn2


Sunday night rock therapy as the weekend ends and the Monday dread sinks in is just what you need February 8 at the Galaxy Hut where you can see three bands for five bucks. Ken Moss (currently 7 Door Sedan, formerly Acrylix and more) will share his prolific song-writing talents. The line-up is Ken on guitar with friend Bill Merkel on bass. If you like 7 Door's Sweden or the one I call "The Crazy Guy Song," you know that Ken has a knack for poetry put to melody across an array of styles. This is a great chance to hear what he's been stocking away.

The Crowd Scene
, formerly of London and now of Arlington VA are headlining. Eric Brace calls them "British pop" in his rave reviewl that plus a quick spin through their web site convinced me to stay through the whole show. The openers, Get Off My Lawn are, according to Ken, two guys who were in The Intentions who swear they shared a bill with Acrylix at Baltimore's Marble Bar in the 80s. Get Off My Lawn's Myspace doesn't tell me much so I wandered over to check out The Intentions. Why can't I remember these guys? Apparently they loved Razz and I got a rewarding Undertones feel from the first track on their page. Anyway, I digress. This Sunday at the Galaxy Hut sounds like something not to miss.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, that Ken Moss sure sounds interesting. I'm not going to miss this show, for sure!

    Ken Moss

    ReplyDelete