Tuesday, April 7, 2009


The first time I heard about The Insect Surfers my College Park housemates were donning antennae to go see them, but I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone identify the band with a description of founder David Arnson's golden halo of hair.


David's D.C. roots go way back to the sixties though he is living in L.A. now and still playing in bands. Some time ago, David wrote about Georgetown, but I saved it for this time of year because I have fond memories of people skipping school and flocking there as a rite of spring beyond the usual cherry blossom thing. Cherry blossoms in Kenwood or downtown was where you went with Mom and Dad, but Georgetown was where you met your friends.
So check out David's walkabout from back in the day at Washington D.C. My Hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment