Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If it's Veteran's Day It's Not Necessarily Monday

I remember growing up when holidays actually fell on the date they were supposed to fall on. February was a good month because we had Lincoln's AND George Washington's birthdays. Then some wise guy came up with Presidents' Day.
These days I've grown to expect the holiday to be on a Monday, and that my trash day will be bumped to Friday. (Of course I remember about half the time.)
But Veteran's Day seems to have escaped the Monday format, so tonight is not a "normal" Tuesday night for DC kids and Federal types.
Need something to do?
Long time musician and hometown girl, Patty Reese will be playing tonight
for the Open Hearth Benefit for pagans of all paths at Westminster Presbyterian Church
400 I Street SW
Washington, DC

Food, beer and wine for sale. Tickets $13 at the door.

7 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment