Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fifty Shades of Gray Too Many




Last week, or maybe even all this winter, I've felt startled to see the sun. A couple of weeks ago I left home around four o'clock, and the light outside was the color of slate. I thought the sun might be going down soon, but an hour and a half later, I came home in a gun metal fog which finally gave way to the charcoal of dusk. The next morning would bring, you guessed it, the cold gray light of dawn.

Then last night I had a nightmare. I dreamed I heard an automated voice saying sternly "Snow will accumulate  4 inches." It scared me so much that I woke up and had to assure myself it was just a dream. This has never happened to me before. I love snow and always have. To me snow is what punctuates the gray with exclamation points of light. (whoops, sorry- my english major slips out from time to time.)

At any rate Washington has nothing to fear this weekend except a lot of muddy snow melt as the temperature is predicted to flirt with the sixties. At least those coveted parking places will be freed up again. (and no, people, you can not legally save these spaces with lawn chairs. Sorry. )

Feel like music? I'd hit up the Quarry House Saturday night for 7 Door Sedan and Doug Stevenson and the Spades. If you feel like getting out of town, the irreverent Maritime Republic of Eastport is throwing a Mardi Gras party with Little Red and the Renegades.

And Sunday when you are thoroughly besotted with spring fever,  IOTA has Color School in the house in an early slot. Show starts at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment