Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Hello 2019


Goodbye 2018. I'm not sure what to make of you. I hope I learned a thing or two though I can't remember a single thing right now.

Pictures remind me that travels included Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Ohio.and West Virginia. The farthest I got was New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but it turns out Point Pleasant, West Virginia, despite its name, was the scariest place what with the Mothman and all.


I also took a field trip to the Baltimore Aquarium with a bunch of Wilson High school kids. That was fun until I lost one. (What? It was dark in there.)


Holton-Arms was often in the news during the Kavanaugh hearings, but I didn't hear anyone mention that The Slickee Boys made it into the Holton Arms News a while back.  How about that? (A Holton graduate worked on the DC Punk Archive project.)


We marched more than once in 2018 and did some kooky things in the name of making love not war.


I attended a wedding.


and more than one funeral.


In the DC music scene we lost Susan Mumford, Billy Hancock and now, rather suddenly, Andras Fekete. I often mentioned his band Boat Burning, and I am glad I got to see them play before it was too late. Lots of music lies ahead for January. Please make a resolution to see live music in 2019.

Here's a few considerations for your calendars- with more to come:

January 2019 (!)

3
Thrillbillys@ JV

5
Daryl Davis/Patsy Stephens @ College Park Legion

10
Rhodes Tavern Troubadours @ Takoma VFW

12
Local Music Night @ 9:30 Club

13
Susan Mumford Memorial @ 9:30

17

Thrillbillys @ JV

24
Dave Chappell Band @ JV
Dogo @ Bossa Bistro Lounge

26
Tom Principato and Dave Chappell @ JV

27
Jumping Jupiter 4 pm @ JV

30
Robert Gordon/ Chris Spedding w/ Jumping Jupiter @ City Winery

Happy New Year to you all from DC ROCKS




No comments:

Post a Comment