Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year's Again?


Is it me or is New Year's Eve rolling around more quickly than it used to? I feel like I just got used to writing 2019, and now I have to move on to a whole new decade? Tomorrow?!

When I was little, the New Year's Eve plan was to write up solemn resolutions. One year, when I was about twelve, I wrote my list in what I thought was very fancy (albeit almost illegible) script promising myself to feed the dog without being told, watch very little TV, and rise with the sun.  (I don't know what I was thinking with that last one, but none of those things ever happened.)

Later in life, New Year's Eve activities became more of a quandary. Have a party?  Go to a party? Which party? Would anyone come to my party if I did have one?  Where would everyone be at midnight ? Ugh.


This posting wishes all you resolution breaking, commitment averse, procrastinators a very Happy New Year, and for anyone looking for a last minute party,  King Soul comes to the rescue with a no cover gig at Clyde's.




No comments:

Post a Comment