Tuesday, November 4, 2008

With Justice and Liberty For ALL?


DC is rocking with voters today. I hear that the line went two blocks out the door, past the playground, past the parking lot- all the way to Sherier Place earlier this morning in my neighborhood. But being the later bird who usually misses the worm,  I voted in about ten minutes around 9 a.m. I met an older woman in line, and she agreed with me that this was the most exciting election ever- though she did give a nod to the Hubert Humphrey campaign.

Still not all is well here in Washington. The citizens here vote for shadow representatives since we don't have the right to decide our own destiny in Congress- although we CAN vote for president and do. Perhaps we need our own Rebel Alliance to Restore the Republic? (Perhaps I watched Star Wars twenty years too late?) 

Anyway-please- vote heavily and often today, and think of us colonists residing right here- in our Nation's Capitol- who would if we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment