Sunday, December 28, 2008

Slickees Rule Surf Club!

(photos by Alan Kresse)
The Surf Club was packed last night, and it was a great rocking show thanks to all three bands-Monsters from the Surf, Ottley! and The Slickee Boys.

And hats off to Marshall Keith who pulled off being in two bands back to back. My friend Alan Kresse was there snapping the memories.
Alan and I go way back in the time machine to the University of Maryland, College Park 1979 when we were housemates. It was four guys and me, and the phone rang all the time. There were outrageous parties, and people we didn't even know would show up because they'd heard of The Dog House-aptly named because we shared the couch with Alan's gynormous Great Dane, Shea. We were hippies and jocks and nerds, but we were a gregarious crew. I came home from school one Friday afternoon, and there was a guy hanging out who looked familiar. It took me a minute to realize it was because I often passed him playing guitar and panhandling on Route One. Another time I walked in, and the living room was full of Hare Krishnas dancing around and making dinner. I have a feeling our vegetarian housemate Stuart was responsible for that one.
Anyway Alan was taking pictures back then, and he is still at it now.
Thanks to the glory of the internet- you can see pix of the Dog House - (what a time capsule!) and more importantly shots of all the bands last night plus other shows if you follow the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment