Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sweet Home Yell County by Lyn2


While it was the band's name that first made me check out Yell County, it's the performance that keeps me going back for more. Named for a county in Arkansas that happens to be where my family lives, this trio puts together a 21st century punkish/new waveish sound in songs about being trapped and breaking out. They haven't played since bass player Arthur Noll took time out to become a Dad, so Monday night is a good chance to see them play some new songs and wash away any holiday stress you might be feeling. To top it off, you can check out The Bickersons, new to this writer. Give them a listen and you'll be heading to Virginia. Despite my bridge-crossing issues, the Galaxy Hut is growing on me. It has a remarkable beer selection for a small place, serves up good simple food and the cover is always $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment