Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nunchucks Rock DC


It was a busy night a couple of weeks ago at the Velvet Lounge. As usual there were three bands playing, and as usual the crowd had thinned out by the time the third band- the Nunchucks- came on. I was under the weather, but I like the Nunchucks and wanted to stay for a song or two at least, but then their energy filled the room. I didn't leave. I couldn't bring myself to move until they were finished. I don't know when it happened, but they went from a decent band to something else. Self described as "the best band you never heard of"-it's true, and their new materiel is strong. Nunchucks will rock again with Midnight Spin, Downtown Harvest and the Blackbells this Friday night on H Street at the Rock & Roll Hotel. (See their website for band links.) $10

No comments:

Post a Comment