Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hey, Meet Me at Haydees


When the Mount Pleasant venue, Haydees first caught my attention, I admit I was skeptical. Primarily a Salvadoran restaurant, I thought it might be the kind of place that shoves the band in a corner while people are eating. Happily I was converted the first time Lyn2 and I walked in the door. The band was rocking, and a frightfully accommodating staff took our margarita orders even before we could make our way to the bar. Yes, it's primarily an eatery, but there's a welcoming corner pub vibe here which might explain the great mix of people. More points were scored when the dinner hour subsided, and the staff pulled back tables to make room for dancing. This Friday the irrepressible Little Red and The Renegades will play until everyone is happily worn out- band and patrons alike. Music starts at 9 and continues until 1 a.m. with no cover!!

Come for dinner (the food is really good) or just a drink- but be fully prepared to meet new people and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment