Thursday, July 21, 2011

Be Cool and If You Can't Be Cool Be Hot


Every summer I lose my will to do just about anything right around now. The Dog Days are here followed swiftly by the Doldrums which are brought on by the "code red" air quality. My garden has to fend for itself. My neighbor, Joel comments that I've let my lawn go dormant as if that were a Plan.

The only thing that rescues ninety plus days are the slightly less steamy though still sultry nights.
That is the time to defy the elements and make your own heat: dance hard and create a breeze of your own.

Here are possibilities for this week: The Atomic Mosquitos which do not have an annoying habit of sucking your blood to ensure future progeny will be at The Surf Club Friday night and the Quarry House on Saturday. On the other side of Old Man River, look for Kid Goat and Yell County at IOTA- also on Saturday night. And finally Greenland, a perennial favorite of DC ROCKS, will be at the stellar Galaxy Hut this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment