Sunday, November 10, 2013

Feeling Groovy



Dear DC Rocks Contestants for the Flamin Groovies drawing:

        This was not a writing contest; our lucky winner, Gary, was picked at random. Still I want to share the grooviest entry which came from the irrepressible Vi-Kings and Beatnik Flies' ringleader, Mister Joe Dolan with his own custom ordered punctuation:

Why am I groovy ? Let me count the ways ...


1. My name is joe dolan.

2. I always spell my name in lower case letters rather than upper case.

3. I bought a Flamin Groovies record in the latter part of the 1960s at Empire Records in Bethesda, Maryland. (I had never heard of them, but I liked the cover.) I still have the record which I'd bring with me to have them sign.

4. Everyone tells me I look like John Lennon :(
but  all I ever wanted was to look like was Ringo:)

So there you go. I could go on and on,  but I get tired of blowing my own horn. 
But ask anyone who knows me :( 
but not too well :) 
and they will tell you I am groovy !!!


Wish we had more tickets to give away, but hope to see you all at the show. It'll be a blast.




No comments:

Post a Comment