Monday, December 14, 2015

WWW Just Dance



Ah, the Internet. Our world wide web of wonder. Last week, I wanted to see if my daughter had started her day down in New Orleans, and I found myself texting her "Up and at 'em, Atom Ant." This phrase set off a dusty little bell in the back of my brain. That was a cartoon, right? I didn't just make that up, or did I? So what did I do? What every thinking citizen in this bizarre-o brave new world does:

I asked my phone.

Seconds later this image appeared.

(And of course, there's more ant footage on youtube.)


Then there's this little masterpiece of a mash up matching a Bruno Mars song to dance numbers used in old films. The timing is just right, but what struck me most was how much fun and how beautiful people can be at their best, and how music can bring those qualities out in all of us.



Finally the Internet wants me to tell you that this Wednesday evening The Thrillbillys and Ruthie and the Wranglers are on a double bill at Gypsy Sally's. Georgetown's closest thing to an old fashioned bar and dance hall. Excellent musicians and old friends will be celebrating the season as well as Bill Starks' birthday. Many of my readers already know what I'm talking about here, but this kind of show is why I write about local music on the ' net. It'll be a lot more fun if you come, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment