Thursday, May 23, 2019

Enjoy the Flight


Welcome to Washington, DC. The local time is relative, and the temperature is balmy. I got off an airplane this week just in time to see our local hero Nils Lofgren play the Birchmere last night. Nils, who has almost as many good stories as he does songs, played two of my most favorites "Like Rain" and "Goin Back." That was thrilling, but the way the audience is jammed in, I felt like I was back on the plane. Every time I go to the Birchmere, I think never again.  I don't like sitting still for music much less jammed cheek by jowl in a place that serves mediocre overpriced food to the captive masses who must arrive early to get the best seats. That being said is there a better venue to see the Seldom Scene this Friday? The answer is probably not.....and this is why I keep going back.


If you are still in a homey- country type mood on SaturdayDee Dee and the Doo Rights will be over at Takoma VFW where the drinks are cheap, and you are free to move about the cabin. On the other hand,  if you are in a "Hell, no!" sort of mood, Kill Lincoln thrashes up things at the Black Cat on Friday.


 The veteran players of Lunch with Bob hit Villain and Saint on Saturday. And no need to put those tray tables up yet.... Sunday is the new Saturday this holiday weekend with the Chuck Brown Band at the Hamilton and Oh He Dead at the Pub and the People. 


No comments:

Post a Comment