Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Stardust and Reed




Monday holidays always leave me slightly disoriented, and the thunder of a limb falling in the alley woke me this morning. The concussion sounded like a distant bomb so I was happy to see that it was raining, and that we were not at war. Then I'm foggily thinking about trash day being Friday not Thursday when I suddenly remember that notable shows this week are happening well before the weekend!

I am not the biggest fan of cover bands, but tribute shows jammed with talent are another rock n roll animal. "Ziggy and Lou" happens tomorrow- Wednesday -at Gypsy Sally's, and  the list of players is impressive including Desson Thomson, Cal Everett, David Kitchen and the Duskwhales.

The next evening Jumpin' Jupiter opens for Southern Culture on the Skids at Hill Country BBQ. Front man and long time chef Jay Jenc will be smoking in the kitchen as well as on stage. 

Finally, it may not be a five o'clock world anymore what with telecommuting and flex time, but Billy Price will rock the Sculpture Garden on Friday. Say good-bye to the work week and the month of May from 5 p.m. until 8:30. Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment