Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Innermost Ear


Once upon a time in a studio far away from things afloat in the main stream, a man named Don Zientara worked his magic with the outliers and the mavericks that were bouncing around our Beltway. He recorded bands like Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Government Issue, Fugazi and more.




From Mark Noone of the Slickee Boys:

"In 1979 I found myself in the basement of a modest house in Arlington Va. This was the world renowned recording studio known as Inner Ear. Slickee Boys were recording the first record that I would  be on. I wrote one song, "Gotta Tell Me Why" and co-wrote "Forbidden Alliance" with Kim Kane. At the helm were Skip Groff and Don Zientara; two men who changed my life. 

I'll admit I never heard the great Skip sing, but Don does a darn good job of it. His singing and his songs are very much like him straight up and honest."


Don Zientara will be performing at one of my all time favorite watering holes- the Galaxy Hut this Monday June 24 with Dougie.






No comments:

Post a Comment