Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We Who Dumpster Dive

So why is it that so many of my friends are junkers? I just got back from the hardware store where I saw a guy who is involved with music, and he just saw another musician we both know up at Unique Thrift on Viers Mill. Last time I was in Unique Thrift on New Hampshire Avenue, I ran into my friend, Laura who is a writer. The amazing part is she lives in New York, and I hadn't seen her in over ten years.
Is it something to do with the artistic nature? Or is it because we are a frugal people?
Or perhaps we are frugal because our  artistic nature creates creatures short on cash flow.

Anyway I found this great little table and chair set that I had to literally sit on while my friend (a musician- what else?) went and got the Man Who Writes the Ticket Up so you can buy the thing. There was another customer hovering and hinting how great it would be to have this set for a party. He offered to buy it from me as soon as he realized he wasn't going to get it himself.

I felt sorry for him momentarily, but look- now I can be the one to have a party and invite all my artistic and hard up friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment