Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hot Band @ A Cool Store



I never thought I'd grow up to regret a book store, and I have to say I used to like the big chains, before I realized how much they threaten the independents out there. I'm glad to report that we still have a selection of very good book stores in this town, and Politics and Prose is one of the best. This Sunday they will be celebrating their 25th anniversary with a cool party and a great local band that sounds and feels like New Orleans- Little Red and the Renegades.


(Little Red has a literary reference of its own - a mention in the George Pelecanos' novel Nick's Trip.)
The party starts at 4. Zydeco dance lessons begin at 5, and the band hits it around 5:30 in the parking lot. There will also be a picnic. See their store website for details.
Gotta love a dance in a parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment