Last week it was all about the Slickee Boys reunion which was a gang buster event. Those guys still rock like it was 1989! This week we've got another band on tap, but with a common denominator.
Just yesterday I heard that an Austin radio station was playing our very own Hula Monsters. That doesn't surprise me because they are unique and the word has spread. Hula Monster talking points:
- No one else plays psychedelic rockabilly Hawaiian swing.
- They attract a wonderfully diverse audience including some of our area's most dedicated and talented dancers.
- They have a rack of Hawaiian shirts for sale at every show.
- And where else can you see the legendary Mark Noone of the Slickee Boys playing ukelele?
- They're talented good people, and your support is always appreciated.
The HULA MONSTERS are playing this Friday at the Hyattsville End of the Summer Jam Party. Rain or shine. 6:30-8:30 p.m.