Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Swelter Ring A Bell?



Howdy Heat, Humidity and Haze. Welcome back. I have to say I didn't miss you. At all. Maybe my tomatoes will be happy to see you. I know the mosquitoes will be elated, and a few of my more heat tolerant  friends (read mutants) see you as perfect summer weather. But basically I will wilt and lose the will to live under your grip. That's why I am happy to have something to look forward to this weekend- namely the rock show at IOTA on Friday night featuring local bands Jelly Roll Mortals and the Alice Despard Group opening for California pop rockers- The Orange Peels.


Good bye May. I'll miss your cool misty mornings. I'll miss watching the world go green and those riots of color erupting almost without warning.


Thanks for the mint- it's up and ready for juleps. And the lettuce which is just about to bolt, and the sweet surprise of an occasional errant fledgling fumbling around the yard. See you next year.


2 comments:

  1. Speaking of missing something in May.....
    I missed your birthday! I hope you had a happy one!
    ~Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci. Razz played on my birthday. Couldn't beat that with a stick.

    ReplyDelete