Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lights Camera Music!



I  remember back in high school, before music videos were de rigueur, I was driven to make a slide show to go along with a song I wanted to play for the school variety show. It took me over a week to take the pictures and get the film processed. Then I had to borrow a projector. Nowadays though, I take movies with my phone,  feed them to a computer, and can have my own channel in cyberspace within an hour.  Times may have changed, but the urge to pair music and film lives on.

Got a phone? (Okay, a camera)
Have a band?

If either one of these arts is up your alley, then you might want to enter the 48 Hour Video Contest- the newest thing from the folks who brought you the 48 Hour Film Contest.  This project brings film makers and bands together, and gives them a chance to get great exposure and have an amazing experience. Winners will show their films at the AFI Silver Theater, and the top three bands will play at the State Theater. Check out the link above for all the details. Entries are being taken now.

No comments:

Post a Comment