Monday, July 22, 2013

Yippee It's Free


My last posting lauded the smaller club as my favorite venue, but a close second is the great outdoors. Here in DC we have the eclectic little rock concerts at Fort Reno and the bigger shows at Carter Barron, but there are free concerts all over the place including this humdinger: Troublefunk at Strathmore coming up this Wednesday.

And speaking of things al fresco, I've got two lawn tickets to give away to the O.A.R. concert at Merriweather Post Pavillion on the first of August. I have no idea what this band is about, but they started off in Rockville and grew big enough to sell out Madison Square Garden while I wasn't looking so I might be alone on this one.  In any case whether you know the bands or not -you have nothing to lose by entering DC ROCKS' latest contest. Just write to dcrocksblog@gmail.com. and put OAR tix in the subject box. A winner will be picked at random on July 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment