Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good Things Happen in Small Places







Going to these little clubs has its advantages for me. First there are no bad seats (or possibly no seats) Second it's easy to talk to people you don't know because often as not you bump right into someone. And last but certainly not least- if you hang around this town long enough it becomes not a seat of power, but the home town that we native types know and love. Besides a rocking good show here are a few things that I saw at The tiny Velvet Lounge last Friday:
Martha Hull collaring a bewildered Michael Reidy and singing to him.
Short Staxx dancing.
Josh Arnson incognito as himself.
Door man Bucket watching the door and selling a bicycle on Craig's List at the same time.
Phil Duarte taking pix from the floor. (literally)
Abaad Behram doing that Tasmanian Devil thing right into the drum kit playing guitar all the while.
And after all the bands had played-Mark Noone slow dancing with Martha Hull.

I might be wrong, but I just don't see these kind of things happening at The Verizon Center.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me there were pictures in my phone. That was a great show, magic really and I saw many rare sights myself. Just running into Tiik was great.
    Phil D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! great description of velvet. wish I'd been there. that reminds me, I need to have the howling mad back at the QH!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete