Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let 7 Door Sedan Put A Spell On YOU

Glenn K Ringleader of 7 Door

7 Door Sedan. Where the heck did this band come from and how did they get to be so good so fast?

Glenn Kowalski gave me the scoop:

I went to a Vampyre Bunnies gig at the Black Cat, maybe two years ago. I didn't know any of these guys but liked the show and struck up a conversation with Jamie Holiday, the singer. Jamie knew of my work in the past and asked me to play on an upcoming CD being recorded at Norman van der sluys' "Madhouse" studio. I accepted and recorded several guitar tracks over the next few months. Coincidentally, at my day job I received a resume from a Mr. Josh Singer, who in a phone interview informed me, "This is going to sound strange but I believe you and I have done some recording on the same album!" I didn't hire him for the job he applied for, instead quickly recruiting him for 7 Door Sedan, and after realizing Norman was the drummer of the Vampyre Bunnies, I asked him to join as well. I just needed one more person to fill out 7 Door Sedan. Enter Ken Moss, the curious guy about 5 houses down on my block. The one my 8 yr old daughter called "your maniac guitar friend." And here we are about 13 months later."

So there you have it- a random act of talent. This band just keeps getting better and better. The last time I saw them I was mesmerized by their groove. Hypnotized. Magnetized. Well, maybe not magnetized, but I didn't leave the room until they did. Drive over to the Surf Club and see for yourself. This Saturday- 9 p.m.

P.S. Opening act TBA ; Julie Ocean had to cancel.

No comments:

Post a Comment