Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Cure for the Big Chill



Finally Old Man Winter has showed up in Washington, and it's about time. I'm all for the occasional balmy winter day, but the warm weather last weekend was making me nervous.  There was still  lettuce growing in my yard, and that's just not right. My son has been happily wearing shorts to school up until yesterday, and that's just plain wrong.

 So now we are back on track- cold and yes, I know, sometimes miserable, but you can shake that winter thing by catching King Soul at the Bayou this Friday night for a taste of  New Orleans and a band sure to heat up a room. I watched King Soul rock the small ball at the Tabard Inn last Monday, and they took no prisoners: the bar was deserted, the dance floor full. I even saw President Obama cutting the rug.  (Ok maybe it was Cardboard Obama, but still...)

Music starts round 10/ $7 for an 8 piece band!

King Soul guys with the Man/photo by DC ROCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment