Monday, October 7, 2013

Local Man Strikes Again in Hold Out


George Pelecanos just might be one of the best kept secrets in Washington. I  met a gregarious gang of New Yorkers at a reception last summer, and upon hearing my Greek name, they wanted to know if I had ever heard of George Pelecanos.

Of course, I said.

What? they yelled.

No one in DC knows him!

You're kidding, I said.  I asked George if this was true, and he confirmed that he was better known in other places even though his numerous crime novels are deeply set here on the lesser known streets of  the District.

Tomorrow night George will be reading from his latest book The Double  at Politics and Prose- an independent hold out of a book store that has survived the slings and arrows of the big chains. Come prowl its nooks and crannies and take in real D.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment