Thursday, September 16, 2010

Both Sides Now by Lyn2



I've got a dilemma on Saturday night - two sides of the DC scene on display and I'm supposed to choose. In town at the Black Cat my young friend Ray and the Black Sparks are joining Gist on the Backstage. In Bethesda, friends we've known a bit longer - the Vi-Kings- will show off their decades of talent and experience at Parker's Classic American.

The Vi-Kings are Joe Dolan, Stock Wilson, Bill Euler, Matt Maury, Rob Howe and Rob Fisher. What started as a junior-high reunion has turned into a band chock full of talent that plays their favorites of 60's rock - Stones, Kinks, Yardbirds.

The Black Sparks have been taking the area by storm and wowed the Ft. Reno crowd with their over-the-top performance this summer. Ranging in age from 10-12, this band is one to watch. Gist is known for their rock solid, emphasis on "rock," and have been on my list for a few years.

I hope you'll have as hard a time choosing one of these shows as I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment