Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nostalgia on the Western Front

The Bird Cage

Once upon a time, if I needed a new coat or a bathing suit, my mother used to take me to the District line and pull out her Washington shopping plate. Once in a blue moon, especially if my grandmother was around, we would have lunch in the Bird Cage at Lord and Taylor's. This part of town was under construction for so long that I ended up shopping exclusively at thrift stores. Now I only venture through there to get somewhere else unless there's a band like The Vi-Kings playing at Clyde's which is a true underground experience, and The Vi-kings open up a portal to the past where I always seem to have at least one foot firmly planted. This week and this week only Bob Berberich DC drumming legend is back filling in for Rob Fisher who is out with a broken collarbone. (Get well soon RF!)



No comments:

Post a Comment